Monday, November 22, 2010

Back in the Saddle

This post represents a return to the blogosphere after nearly a year's hiatus from posting to "The Hand". But what a year its been! 2010 began with discernment as to the next season of life and ministry, and will now come to a close with me being the new Rector of St. George's Episcopal Church in Dayton, OH. It is my hope that this blog, started years ago, will become a resource for both the congregation and the wider community, as well as a discussion starter, and a suppliment to my teachings on Sundays at the church. As you may have noticed, the title of my blog is inspired by Thomas Cranmer, one of my great personal heroes. It was with sublime delight when I accepted the call from St. George's that I discovered a stained glass window in the Church's narthex of none other than Cranmer himself. Not only that, but the image depicts his martyrdom, from which his remarkable statment was given, 'This hand hath offended' and from which my blog derived it's title. It only made sense to then share this beautiful window with the vast readership who subscribe to my blog ;-). Sola fide!

No comments: